THE XTERN SUMMIT:
REACH NEW HEIGHTS!
The XTERN SUMMIT AFO is Game Changer solution for peoples afflicted by foot drop.
The new Xtern SUMMIT is 25% lighter than the original Xtern CLASSIC. It comes fully equipped with 10 lace clips, as well as 2 complete sets of calf pads and straps. It is covered by a "peace of mind" warranty of 3 years against any breakage of plastic or carbon fiber parts.
Its unique Exoskeleton Spring design is fully flexible and dynamic. It will allow running, walking, hiking in mountain as long and as far as you want without any discomforts.
The XTERN SUMMIT can be fitted on any shoes, high hiking footwear, winter or safety boots and can be interchanged from shoe to another in a few seconds.
This device controls foot drop and allow easy plantar flexion in order to keep maximal ankle range of motion and calf muscle strength.
It is affix totally outside the shoe to maximize comfort and prevent skin breakdown, rubbing injuries to the foot.
TurboMed XTERN SUMMIT Foot Drop Orthotic
*HCPCS Code L1951 PDAC VALIDATED (USA Only)
MAXIMIZING FUNCTIONALITY & COMFORT
The XTERN SUMMIT AFO is a revolutionary new treatment option for drop foot.
It’s unique patented design acts as an exoskeleton to the impaired limb and provides the user with unparalleled levels of function without discomfort or rubbing.
The XTERN SUMMIT is a custom build modular ankle foot orthosis (AFO) made from highly durable thermoplastic and carbon fiber (limited warranty of 3 years).
It attaches to the outside of footwear and is quickly and easily interchangeable from shoe to shoe.
Unlike many other AFO’s, the XTERN does not prevent ankle plantar flexion or limit dorsiflexion, making it easier and much more comfortable.
XTERN SUMMIT SEMI-ASSEMBLED AFO FOR ORTHOTIC CLINIC
(PATIENT GET FULLY ASSEMBLED AFO READY TO USE)
|101100-SA-L||XTERN SUMMIT SEMI-ASSEM. FOOT DROP ORTHOTIC LARGE|
|101100-SA-M||XTERN SUMMIT SEMI-ASSEM. FOOT DROP ORTHOTIC MEDIUM|
|101100-SA-S||XTERN SUMMIT SEMI-ASSEM. FOOT DROP ORTHOTIC SMALL|
|>>>See Sizing Chart<<<|
The brace snaps in a lace clip attached to each shoe.
See Lace-Clip Fitting
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Exoskeleton Design Fits onto the Outside of the Shoe
- No Skin Contact with Foot or Ankle
- Energy Return due to patented design
- Easily Conforms to Uneven Ground and Slopes
- Highly Durable Thermoplastic & Carbon Fiber (3 year warranty)
- Heat Adjustable (to change width and dorsiflexion strength)
- Easily Transferable from Shoe to Shoe
- Symmetrical Design, Fits both Right & Left Foot
- Easily Positioned to Invert or Evert the Foot if Required
CAN BE USED WITH:
- Trainers/Running Shoes
- Lace and Velcro-Fastening Shoes/Boots
- Walking Shoes/Boots
- Safety Work Boots/shoes
- Dress Shoes
- Drop Foot & Dorsiflexion Weakness
- Peroneal Nerve Injury
- Charcot Marie Tooth (CMT)
- Stroke (CVA)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)
- Motor Neuropathy
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
- Inappropriate Footwear
- Gross Fixed Deformities of the Foot and Ankle
- Severe Spasticity (Hypertonicity)
- Quadriceps weakness
- Severe Proximal weakness
- Crouch gait